Allele-specific expression (#6)
June 25, 2017
I talk about allele-specific expression: why it arises and how it can be reliably detected.
- The biology of allele-specific expression (2:17)
- Detecting allele-specific expression with RNA-seq (7:46)
- Mapping and sequencing biases (16:39)
- The experiment in yeast (19:47)
- Statistical models (21:44)
- A powerful and flexible statistical framework for testing hypotheses of allele-specific gene expression from RNA-seq data
- Effect of read-mapping biases on detecting allele-specific expression from RNA-sequencing data
- The talk by John Marioni
- The blog post explaining the RSEM model
Subscribe to the bioinformatics chat on Apple Podcasts, Pocket Casts, Spotify, or any other podcasting app via the RSS feed link. You can also follow the podcast on Mastodon and Twitter and support it on Patreon.